Skip to content

Online Student Requests

To submit a request to International Student Services, please read the information and click the button below. If you have already started a request, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your request.
Academic Suspension Form
Students in their first semester of Academic Suspension must register for a full course of study and make academic progress in order to continue studying at Central Piedmont.

Concurrent Enrollment
An F-1 student may be enrolled in two different SEVP-certified schools at one time as long as the combined enrollment amounts to a full time course of study and as long as Central Piedmont can accept the transfer credits as contributing to the program of study.

Curricular Practical Training
F-1 students may be eligible to seek authorization for practical training to engage in temporary employment to gain practical experience directly related to their field of study. Students in EFL are ineligible to apply for practical training.

I-20 Extension Request
An F-1 student who is currently maintaining status and making normal progress toward completing his or her educational objective, but who is unable to complete his or her course of study by the program end date on the Form I-20, must apply prior to the program end date for a program extension. Requests should be submitted no more than 30 days before program end date.

Letter Request
F-1 students may request for a Driver’s License/State ID letter for the DMV. Students must already be registered in classes. F-1 students may also request for a Social Security Number (SSN) letter if they obtained a paid and authorized position.

Optional Practical Training
An F-1 student may qualify for post-completion optional practical training (OPT) after completion of program, which allows the student to engage in temporary employment to gain practical experience in his or her field of study. Students in EFL are ineligible to apply for practical training.

Reduced Course Load
Any F-1 student having specified initial academic difficulties, a temporary illness or medical condition, or needs fewer courses than a full course load in his/her last term to complete the program of study may request for a Reduced Course Load.

F-1 students in terminated status and wishing to regain active status again should apply for reinstatement. To be eligible, student must not be out of status for more than 5 months.

Severe Economic Hardship
If other employment opportunities are not available or are otherwise insufficient, an eligible F-1 student may request off-campus employment work authorization based upon severe economic hardship caused by unforeseen circumstances beyond the student's control. These circumstances may include loss of on-campus employment without fault on the part of the student, substantial fluctuations in the value of currency or exchange rate, and unexpected changes in the financial condition of the student's source of support.

Transfer Out
 Admission to a new school requires the transfer of your SEVIS record. Transferring your SEVIS record requires coordination between you, International Programs and Services, and the new school.